Registration is open for the upcoming 2018 Winter-Spring Session. Take a look below and then register soon — classes are filling fast.
WLR has been serving the local homeschooling community for over 8 years, offering:
- excellent, experienced teachers
- developmentally appropriate, wholistic programming
- a warm, nurturing environment at 4 convenient locations
- fresh air and large play yards at all locations
- supervised recess for students enrolled before & after lunch
- many Waldorf specialty classes
- classes appreciated by Charlotte Mason & unschooling aficionados
Highlights for the upcoming session include:
- K-1 Program now at 2 locations! The programs are similar but will each have their own unique feel and rhythm. Excellent teachers at both locations receive our youngest students into a warm, nurturing environment: Ms. Audra at the Grange and Ms. Ciana in Sacramento.
- Ms. Audra will also teach Math Logic & Skills for the upper grades at the Grange.
- And Ms. Ciana will teach our new K-1 Afternoon Extension in Sacramento.
- New! Ms. Belson will teach Handiworks: students will learn practical skills in both handwork and woodworking.
- New! Greek History, Mythology & Art is offered on Mondays — an excellent complement to the Greek Pentathlon Training for upper grades offered on Wednesdays.
- New! Singing & Dancing Games with Ms. Christiana includes optional parent participation. Come join the fun with your 1st – 4th graders on Mondays!
- New! Ms. Springwind will teach Art at the Grange, exploring 3 unique modalities, 4 weeks of each medium.
- Looking for an inspiring, intriguing science class? Mr. Huff is adept at bringing the wonder and joy of science to life and will lead two excellent classes for the upper grades — Mechanics: the Science of Motion on Mondays at the Grange and Science of the Weather: Meteorology on Thursdays in Sacramento.
- New! For many years, we have wanted to add gardening – and now we have it! Gardening & Carpentry is an exciting new program available at our Sacramento site.
- Musical Theatre returns to Davis along with many Waldorf favorites. Dr. & Mrs. Tan lead the Davis program, often integrating material from one class into others.
- The popular Movement & Games class returns to the Grange with Mr. Huff!
- Clay & Ceramics returns to Sacramento along with Movement & Games / P.E. for both upper & lower grades.
- Mr. Huff will also teach Math & Movement for grades 2-4 on Thursdays: through hands-on activities, games, movement and social interaction, students will learn math facts of the four processes (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) along with simple concepts from geometry, pattern recognition, and sequencing.
To see full class descriptions, go to the Class Descriptions pages; start here.
To see the class schedules for Sacramento, Davis & Rancho Cordova locations, click here.
For information on the Greek Pentathlon Training, including dates, location and other details, click here.
New to WLR? Take a look around; feel free to call with any questions and take a moment to review the Participation in WLR classes page.
We are excited and looking forward to another great session with the many wonderful families who choose WLR to supplement their children’s home-based education! Many blessings to you on the journey!