Stay posted for information coming soon on WLR’s latest class offering: Nature Connections.
Days & Times: Wednesdays, 9:30 a.m. – 12 noon
Location: Ancil Hoffman Park, Carmichael
Instructor: Guy Galante
WLR’s Nature Connections class will cover topics such as:
- Hiking Basics: the 10 Essentials and Leave No Trace principles; appropriate clothing, footwear, and foot travel techniques.
- Native Plants and Habitat Restoration: edible and medicinal plants, California Native Plant Society, Invasive plant removal, and native planting processes including seed collecting.
- Watersheds and Water Conservation: macro invertebrates, water quality and water safety.
- Stewardship: trash cleanup, parkway etiquette, plant restoration and maintenance.
- Primitive skills: shelter building, introduction to friction fire, cordage and bush craft
- Wildlife: tracking and identification, including bird language, field guides, and ecosystems
- Parkway Stakeholders: meet and work with others who strive to protect the land and people (e.g. rangers, other naturalists, plant specialists, maintenance staff, farmers, water conservationist)
More information coming soon!